Rum and Cola Bread Pudding
Prep Time: 20 min,
Bake Time: 50-60 min.
Adding rum flavoring and cola make classic bread pudding amazing! Then the chocolate sauce and crumble take it to an all new level.
6 Rhodes Artisan French Rolls, thawed to room temperature
2 cups half and half
1 Tablespoon rum extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup Cola soft drink
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup toffee bits
1/3 cup slivered almonds
Chocolate Cola Sauce:
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup cola soft drink
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Cut each roll into 12 pieces. Place bread cubes into a sprayed 9×9 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine half and half, eggs, brown sugar, cola, rum extract and vanilla. Pour over bread cubes, letting it gently soak into the bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for at least 30 minutes or place it in the fridge overnight.
- Before baking, combine the crumble topping ingredients and distribute the topping over the bread pudding.
- Bake at 350°F 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in pudding comes out clean.
- While baking, place all the chocolate cola sauce ingredients in a sauce pot on the stove, combine at a low heat until simmering. Remove from heat and serve on top a bread pudding piece.