Prep Time: 20 min.
Bake Time: 25 min.
Did your pumpkin not turn into a carriage? No worries, make this Pumpkin Stuffing to dress your fall dinner table and you won’t be sad about missing the ball. Candied pecans will be the delicious finishing touch; fairy godmother not required.
12 Artisan French Rolls, thawed
4 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons oil
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, diced
4 stalks celery, diced
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, diced
1 Tablespoon ground sage
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 15 oz can pumpkin
1 cup vegetable broth
2 cups pecans
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add oil and butter to a large stock pot over medium heat on the stove. Once the butter and oil are melted, add the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms on medium-high heat for 4 minutes.
- Add in the onions and celery to the pot and stir to combine. Cover and let cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add in the rosemary, sage, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add in the pumpkin and the vegetable broth and stir to combine.
- Cut each roll into 1 inch cubes. Mix the bread with the rest of the ingredients and pour all of it into a 9×13″ baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 425ºF for 25 minutes or until well browned on top.
- While the stuffing is baking prepare the pecans. Melt the butter, sugar, and salt on a small pan over medium-low heat. Add in the pecans and stir continuously over medium heat until most of the sauce has coated the pecans. Remove from heat immediately and remove from pan to cool.
- Serve stuffing hot topped with the candied pecans.
Post a comment