Cheesy Star Rolls
Prep Time: 15 min.
Bake Time: 15-20 min.
These simple appetizers are sure to be the star of the dinner party!
12 Rhodes White Dinner Rolls, dough thawed to room temperature
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup shredded parmesan
3 Tbsp marscapone or cream cheese, divided
1 tsp dry basil
star cookie cutter
- Combine 6 rolls and roll out on a sprayed surface. Roll it out to a rectangle that is large enough to get 12 stars out of it with your cookie cutter.
- Repeat with remaining 6 rolls.
- Combine cheeses, basil, and 1 Tbsp marscapone.
- Cut out 12 stars on the first rectangle and place them on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture in the center of each of the stars.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp of marscapone to the remaining cheese filling.
- Spread that added marscapone mixture over the entire second rectangle. Cut out 12 stars from that rectangle with spread on top.
- Place each cut out star on top of the stars on the baking sheet, lining up the stars to match. Be sure the spread side is facing up.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes or until the spread on top on the stars is golden.