Santa Orange Pull-Apart
Prep Time: 30 min.
Bake Time: 20-25 min.
Impress your family and friends with this orange pull-apart Santa that is a perfect holiday dessert.
18 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, dough thawed but still cold
1/4 cup butter, melted
zest from one orange
1/2 cup sugar
red food coloring
2 dried cranberries, raisins or chocolate chips
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Combine two rolls and roll out into a 7 inch oval for Santa’s face and place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Combine two rolls and roll out into a triangle shape for the hat. Place above face and bend over top.
- Cut 1 roll in half, and shape into a ball to use for Santa’s nose. Then cut the other half of the roll in half and shape each quarter into elongated teardrop shapes to make each side of the mustache.
- Cut the remaining rolls into sixths and arrange for the beard, the fringe on the hat and the pom pom of his hat.
- Brush entire Santa with the melted butter, except the nose and hat. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 30-45 minutes.
- Mix orange zest with sugar.
- Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle the beard, the fringe on the hat and the pom pom of his hat with the orange zest and sugar mixture.
- Mix one egg yolk with red food coloring and carefully paint hat and nose.
- Bake at 350˚F for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes. Place 2 dried cranberries, raisins or chocolate chips for the eyes, then drizzle citrus glaze all over.
Post a comment