Stuffed Bagel Bites
Prep Time: 20-30 min.
Bake Time: 20-25 min.
These mouth-watering bagel bites are filled with cream cheese, making every bite the perfect ratio of bagel to cream cheese.
12 Rhodes White Dinner Rolls, dough thawed but still cold
8 oz cream cheese, cut into 24 cubes
6 cups of water
1/2 cup molasses
6 Tbsp baking soda
Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cut each roll in half, making 24 pieces of dough.
- Using your fingers, flatten a piece of dough to a 3 inch circle. Place a piece of cream cheese in the center of the dough and wrap the dough around the cream cheese. Pinch the edges to seal in the cream cheese.
- Repeat step two with all of the dough and cream cheese.
- Add 6 cups of water to a large pot on the stove top. Add molasses and baking soda and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer each bagel bite for 30 seconds in the water mixture. Roll in toppings of choice before placing each bite on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
I am definitely making this recipe, it sounds and looks so delicious!
Before I dio, I have one question: can the bites be frozen after they are baked?
Or can they be frozen before they are boiled?
The answer will help me to determine the best time to make THem!
Thank you, I’m really looking forward to it making this recipe! The only two bagel restaurants in town closed due to the covid pandemic and I’ve really been missing fresh donuts!
Debbie from Rhodes
Personally, I have never tried freezing them. So with the cream cheese, it might not be the best thing to do. You couldn’t freeze them before they are boiled so the best thing I can tell is to maybe try it and see what happens. Or make them and put a few in the freezer to just to try it out. Let me know how it works for you.
Auto-correct many times is not correct! LOL