Eggs Benedict Casserole
Prep Time: 10 min.
Bake Time: 45 min.
Bring the flavors of your favorite breakfast into a hearty, family style Eggs Benedict Breakfast Casserole.
6 Artisan French Rolls, baked according to package instructions
3.5 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
8 large eggs
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 cup grated white cheddar
Hollandaise Sauce (see baking note)
4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cut each Artisan French Roll into small 1 inch chunks.
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a 9×13″ baking pan greased with nonstick spray or butter. Top with Artisan French Rolls and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, onion powder, and paprika. Pour the egg mixture over the casserole. Top with cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake for 40-45 minutes, cover with aluminum foil if browning too quickly.
- On top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until blended. Cook until the mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°F, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole.
- If making Hollandaise from scratch seems overwhelming, you can purchase a Hollandaise seasoning packet that you just heat with butter and water.