Dutch Oven Raspberry French Toast
Prep Time: 15 min.
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Breakfast or brunch will be berry good if you serve this Dutch Oven Raspberry French Toast!
- Line Dutch Oven with heavy foil or parchment foil for easy cleanup.
- Thaw Rhodes Artisan Rolls and tear into rustic bite size pieces and place in the Dutch oven.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the eggs, then stir in salt, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, stir in the half and half.
- Drizzle the mixture over the bread. Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to lightly toss the bread until each piece is evenly coated. Sprinkle the raspberries on top and mix gently.
- Bake at 400°F for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
For a 10″ Dutch Oven you will need 25 hot charcoal briquettes. Place 17 coals on top of the Dutch Oven lid and 8 coals underneath the Dutch Oven.
For a 12″ Dutch Oven you will need 29 hot charcoal briquettes. Place 19 coals on top of the Dutch Oven lid and 10 coals underneath the Dutch Oven.