Breakfast Pizza Boats
Prep Time: 15 min.
Bake Time: 20-25 min.
A fun Australian and New Zealand tradition that is great for a treat anytime.
Ingredients (for 4 pizza boats)
12 Rhodes White Dinner Rolls, dough thawed to room temperature
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup green onion, sliced
1 cup cooked bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the mozzarella, feta, green onion, and chopped bacon. Set aside.
- On a sprayed counter top, combine three rolls and roll them out to an oval 12 inches by 5 inches. (Do this with all the dough)
- Transfer the dough to a parchment paper-lined, or well sprayed, baking sheet.
- Spoon on cheese mixture leaving a 1 inch edge around the outside of the dough.
- Fold in the 1 inch edge, creating a crust around the cheese.
- Move the cheese so there is a little well in the center of the boat. Crack an egg into the center of the well.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!