Breadstick Pot Pie Casserole
Prep Time: 30 min.
Bake Time: 30 min.
Looking for a delicious one dish meal, you’re in luck! Tasty breadsticks on top make it even better.
12 Rhodes White Dinner Rolls, dough thawed to room temperature
4 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 Tbsp garlic salt
1 Tbsp oil
4 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup 2% milk
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup diced or shredded carrot
1/2 cup diced celery
2 cups shredded chicken
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup corn
1 cup diced frozen potatoes
1 Tbsp fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot on the stove, heat the oil and onions. Caramelize the onions lightly, cooking them on a low heat and stirring often for 10 minutes. They should be golden brown.
- Add celery, 4 Tbsp butter, carrots, thyme, and garlic to the onions and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour into the pot and stir so the flour absorbs the butter and there are no clumps.
- Stir in the milk. Add in the peas, corn, potatoes, and chicken. Bring the mixture to a simmer and then remove from heat. Season the filling to taste with salt and pepper before continuing.
- Spray a 9x13inch pan with nonstick spray. Evenly pour the chicken pot pie filling into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Cut four rolls in half. Combine 1 1/2 rolls, and roll out to a 9 inch breadstick. Create 3, 9 inch breadsticks and 5 , 13 inch breadsticks.
- Combine parmesan and garlic salt in a plate. Roll each breadstick in butter, then in parmesan mixture.
- Over the top of the chicken pot pie filling, arrange 5 of the breadsticks horizontally. Weave in the remaining breadsticks vertically between the horizontal breadsticks.
- Let rise until doubled in size, at least 30 minutes. Bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes.