Prep Time: 20 min,
Bake Time: 15-20 min.
Pretty in pink, these raspberry rolls are made with fresh raspberries for the best flavor.
1 loaf Rhodes Bread Dough Or 12 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls, dough thawed to room temperature
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
- On a lightly sprayed counter, roll dough into a 12×18 inch rectangle. Coat the dough with the softened butter, leaving 2 inches bare on one of the 18 inch sides.
- Combine sugar and corn starch. Then add in the raspberries and the lemon juice and use a fork too crush the raspberries into the mixture to create a raspberry sauce. Spread 1/2 the raspberry sauce over the softened butter.
- Starting on long side, roll up jelly roll style. Pinch to seal. Cut into 12 equal pieces. Place in a 9×9 inch sprayed baking pan or a 10 inch cake pan.
- Pour 1/2 of the remaining raspberry sauce over the rolls. Cover rolls with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes. Remove from pan while they are still warm.
Icing: Combine frosting ingredients. Add the remaining raspberry sauce into the frosting and stir to combine.