Heart Shaped Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls
Prep Time: 20 min.
Bake Time: 10-15 min.
Make this indulgent dessert for your loved ones or just yourself this Valentine’s Day
12 Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls, thawed but still cold
12 oz package frozen raspberries, thawed
2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
chocolate hazelnut spread
- Set 3 thawed cinnamon rolls aside. Unwind the remaining 9 cinnamon rolls, leaving the center still coiled. Coil the unrolled end to match the center.
- With each roll, place the two coiled ends together and pull the middle down to make the point of the heart. Pinch point tightly. Place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Take the three remaining cinnamon rolls and unwind completely. Cut each into 5 inch pieces. (Giving you nine 5 inch strips.) Flatten the cut pieces and fold each one into a V-shape. Press one V-shape piece into the center of each heart to make a base for the filling.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let cinnamon rolls rise until double in size.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and raspberries.
- When rolls are risen, carefully fill the center of the hearts with raspberry filling.
- Bake at 350º F 10-15 minutes.
- Using a spatula, transfer the cinnamon rolls to a baking rack to cool.
- Slowly warm chocolate hazelnut spread in the microwave. Drizzle on the cinnamon roll hearts, then dust with powdered sugar.
Post a comment