Chicken In Waffles
Prep Time: 15 min.
Bake Time: 5 minutes
Chicken in a waffle is your new favorite sweet and savory brunch time meal!
6 Rhodes White Dinner Rolls, dough thawed to room temperature
3-6 Frozen Chicken Tenders, prepared according to package instructions
3 cups Cole slaw mix (or chopped cabbage and slivered carrots)
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Sriracha
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Slice all the precooked chicken tenders into 1/2 inch slices.
2. On a sprayed surface, roll out each individual roll into a 6-inch circle.
3. Place some of the chicken in the center of a dough circle, leaving 1/2 inch around the outside of the dough.
4. Place another 6-inch dough circle over the chicken and pinch to enclose.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining ingredients.
6. Heat up the waffle iron. Spray the inside of the waffle iron generously with nonstick spray. Place one of the stuffed chicken circles in the iron and close down firmly. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. The cook time will depend on your waffle iron.
7. Use the remaining ingredients to make the maple sriracha slaw: Combine coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, sriracha, and maple syrup in a large bowl.
8. Top each chicken in a waffle with coleslaw and serve with extra maple syrup if desired.