Boston Cream Pie Bread Pudding
Prep Time: 15 min.
Bake Time: 50-60 minutes
This Boston Cream Pie Bread Pudding is a delicious remake of two classic desserts.
1 loaf Rhodes White Bread, baked in advance
2 cups half and half
1/2 cup sugar
1 3.4 oz box Vanilla Cook N Serv Pudding
1 tsp rum extract or vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
- Slice bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a sprayed 9×9 baking dish.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, and pudding mix. When that is combined, whisk in half and half and extract.
- Pour mixture over the bread. Press the bread down with a spatula to absorb the liquid.
- Bake at 350ºF for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the pudding comes out clean.
- To prepare ganache, melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 10-second intervals. Stir every 10 seconds. Keep microwaving until it is mostly melted.
- Pour the heavy cream in a small saucepot. Heat the heavy cream over medium heat until bubbles start to climb the edges of the pot.
- Pour the heavy cream slowly into the chocolate while whisking the chocolate. Keep stirring until the heavy cream and chocolate have fully combined.
- Pour over the top of the bread pudding and serve the bread pudding warm.