Lemon Cream Cheese Pull-Apart
Prep Time: 30 min,
Bake Time: 50 min.
Fresh lemons make these pull aparts a flavorful dessert everyone will love.
24 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
1 cup sugar
zest from 2 large lemons
6 Tbsp butter, melted
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp butter
- Cut 8 of the rolls into 4 equal pieces each and set aside.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and lemon zest. Dip each piece of dough in melted butter and then in sugar zest mixture. Place in the bottom of a well sprayed bundt pan.
- Make sure all your filling ingredients are at room temperature. Combine them with a blender or electric mixer and blend until smooth. Pour half of the filling mixture over the rolls in the bundt pan.
- Repeat above process with 8 more rolls.
- Cut last 8 rolls and dip in butter and sugar zest mixture. Layer on top. If you have any sugar zest mixture left, sprinkle on top of rolls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until about one inch below the top of the bundt pan.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 45-50 minutes. Cover with foil last 20 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
- While bundt is baking, prepare the topping. Combine lemon juice and sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg until well blended. While stirring the egg, slowly add the hot lemon mixture to the egg so the egg does not cook. Pour the mixture back in to the sauce pan and bring back to a boil. Stir constantly until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and add butter. Let cool slightly.
- Remove from oven and invert immediately onto serving platter. Pour topping over the warm bundt.