Cheesy Pizza Skillet Dip
Prep Time: 15 min.
Bake Time: 35-40 min.
Circle around and dip your heart out into this Cheesy Pizza Skillet Dip.
18 Rhodes White Dinner Rolls, dough thawed to room temperature
8 ounces ground hot Italian sausage
1 1/2 cups marinara
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup mozzarella grated or cubed
1 cup fresh ricotta
1/4 cup Parmesan
1 1/2 tsp. garlic, divided
1 ounce sliced pepperoni (about 1/4 cup)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- For the sauce: Cook sausage breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the marinara and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer; reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until thick, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the ricotta mixture: Shred mozzarella into a medium bowl. Stir in the ricotta, Parmesan and 1 tsp garlic until combined. Set aside.
- Around the edge of the skillet, make a ring of roll dough on top of the sauce.
- Next, add the ricotta mixture on top of the meat sauce in the center of the skillet. Distribute the pepperoni over the top of the ricotta mixture.
- Stir together the butter and remaining ½ tsp garlic in a small bowl and brush on the dough. Let dough rise until double in size.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes (Rolls should be golden brown and the ricotta mixture melted and bubbly.) Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Post a comment